Monday, July 14, 2014

Christmas in July - Framed ornament project by Cheri Piles using Tinsel and Company


Hey everyone, have you seen the new collection Tinsel and Company:: here is the link -> http://www.teresacollinsdesigns.com/product-category/2014-summer/tinsel-company/

I am in love with this new collection and the new WOOD ornaments!! I love all that you can do with them and how large they are! Instantly I thought about making home decor with them.

I started with the two striped wood ornaments and stained them both a deep cranberry red. Then I added foam squares to the outer edge of the first ornament. I cut a strip of the dots paper to cover the foam on the inside. I tied a few of the ornaments with invisible thread and left them to dangle on the inside. I then added the second ornament on the outside on an opposite angle creating a diamond shape of the two when you look straight at them. To finish it off I added decorative tape on the outer edge to give it a finished look.

I then painted a frame I picked up from the dollar store gold and cut the "B" side of the Tree's paper to use as my background since it had the diamonds. I tied a bit of ribbon to the top of my ornament. I cut apart another piece of the holly die cut from the ephemera package and layered it along the top and then adhered the ornament to the frame. Such a pretty piece for the holiday and it was a quick and easy project!! 

I hope you are inspired to create one of your own!! ~Cheri

Supplies used: 
Papers: Side B - tree's paper and dots paper.
Embellishments: Wood ornaments, ephemera package, decorative tape.
Other: Frame, gold paint, ribbon, red stain.










1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...