Monday, March 3, 2014

Everyday Life mini-album by Yvonne

It's me Yvonne and I am so excited to be here today to share this album with you. 
Let me start of with a little back history.  I was in Hobby Lobby browsing around and I saw this stand.
It was funky colors, but the bones where...well I heard angel singing, hehehe. 
I knew as soon as I saw it I would paint it and it would  make a very special piece. 
I just didn't know what papers I would use yet.  
Then...I received my box of Teresa Collins Products for CHA and I knew.
As soon as I saw Hello My Name Is...I knew. 
Goose bumps I tell you, lol.
Yep it really happened...have you ever had that? 
The first thing I did was paint the stand a color to match the paper line. 
I then covered the main part with the beautiful damask decorative paper. 
Oh, let me tell you this line just sings to me as I'm working. 
I then measured the "clip" area. 
Then it was time for the bones of the mini album. 
It just clips in so that whoever wound like to look at it just has to unclip and flip, wink. 

Don't you just think this makes a fabulous statement! 
Home decor mixed with a mini album...I think it made me a little to giddy! 

Here is the view of the album off the stand.  
 The album itself is just my traditional back to back album.  You just want to fold your pages, 
and then adhere them back to back.  The beauty of it being on the stand is that if I want to I can keep adding pages.  Ha...fun right!
 I thought it would be fun to have sections to the mini, so that is where the tabs come into play. 
This is a book that would be fabulous for you to do with any member of your family.
It's so fun to have these types of mini's so you can see how different things are in years to come.
Great for showing the changes we all go through. 
These Polaroid frames are great for Instagram pics. 
 I just cut the sheet of them apart so I could use them individually. 
 I made this album for a friend so I left the pictures slots open for her to add her things in. 
Needless to say, I will be buying more of these stands...I think they will make great Christmas gifts...Ugh..did I just say the C word? LOL. 

The book itself isn't too bulky yet, but when all the pieces and parts get added it will be a piece of chunky heaven. Love seeing books chunky and full of memories.  It's the best to see something you create being filled with things that will become cherished memories of the future. 
I hope you enjoyed today's album.  It truly is a work of love and inspiration! 
I hope that it will inspire you to look at something in a whole new light and be inspired to create the unexpected! 
Have a great week! 

Supplies used:
Hello My Name Is decorative papers, Stickers, Chipboard Embellishments, Decorative Brads, Enamel Dots, Decorative wood pieces, Gems, Tags, File Folders, Essentials envelope and tags. 
Other-TC Xyron Mega Runner, TC Xyron Sticker maker, Doilies, We R Memory Keepers Tab Punch, Paint. 


6 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful! I absolutely love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely project...and yes this happens to me too! I just see something and KNOW

    gina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Love your mix of home decor and scrapbooking. Mini book on a stick. Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...