Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Save The Date Cards with Tessa Wise


I had so much fun making the cards for today's post!  I chose the Save The Date Collection to work with- 
mainly using the  6x6 patterned paper pad with lots of the beautiful embellishments!

My first card features one of the stamps from the Save The Date stamp set:

Inset Love Card 1

I love the sentiment and wanted it to stand out on my card.  I stamped it onto white cardstock with black ink and adhered it to my brown card base.  Next I cut my patterned paper to fit over the center of the card.  I punched the circle over where the sentiment was and used pop up foam adhesive to adhere it to my card from to frame the sentiment.  It gives the card a little extra dimension!

Inset Love Card 3

I chose some ephemera pieces, stickers, jewels, brads, buttons, and sequins to embellish this card- they are all circles but in many different sizes that work well together.

I feature another beautiful stamp from the Save The Date set on my next card:

Stars In The Sky Card 2

I started with a tan card base and added the strips of patterned paper near the bottom.  Next, I took a square of watercolor paper and painted some of my favorite blue stamping ink onto it with an aqua brush.  I dried it with an embossing gun.  Once it was dry, I stamped it with Versamark ink and heat embossed the sentiment with white embossing powder.  The sentiment really shines!  I added a little bit of gold twine to finish off the look.

Stars In The Sky Card 3

It is such a pretty stamp isn't it?  I really love it!

And one more to share today- I used some of the great Basically Essentials Modeling Paste and Stencils on this one:

You Are My Dream Card 1 

I started with a crisp white card base and used the hearts stencil with the paste.  I love the texture!  It creates such a pretty pattern on the white!  Once the paste was dry, I added a banner of the pink patterned paper, the smaller polka-dotted paper, and a banner from the ephemera pack.  I tied a bit of linen thread around the top and finished it off with the epoxy heart and jewel.

You Are My Dream Card 3

I am so happy with how these turned out!  I love using different techniques on each card- they were so fun!!  I hope you try out one or all of these techniques for yourself!

Thanks for joining me today!

www.craftygrl.blogspot.com

2 comments:

  1. They're ALL beautiful, Tessa! Teresa is lucky to have you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cards are always so amazing, I love them!! Great job Tessa!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...